Thursday, April 26, 2018

A busy day for third grade learning


We had a great day today.  We started by finishing our balloons and/or spelling.

In math we worked more with measurement.  Some didn’t do well.  Since we checked them together, I ran replacement assignment for those that wanted to improve their grades.  Some didn’t have a choice.  But if they had a b or a c, I let them choose. 

We finished 100 Dresses today.  Ask your child to retell you this story.  Don’t be fooled by the title. 

We also had to correct 5 sentences that I put on the board.  I told them how many errors were in each one.  I also told them what type of errors they were.  Hopefully, we did well.

We finished our spelling practice pages.  Remember, I have two different lists now.  I put each child at a level I feel they needed to be.  So your child is either on at third grade list or a fourth grade list.

I am sending book orders home.  It is the last one of the year.  They are due next Tuesday, May 1.