Thursday, May 10, 2018

Students contrast treatment of stories in a book vs. a movie


We had a great day today, if you don’t count the lockdown (due to a mean phone call).  This kept us inside for recess.

We started with some more multiplication practice but in a fun way.  We told a story with numbers.

We worked on multi-digit subtraction with regrouping, as well. 

We finished the “Pippi” movie today.  Then we made T-charts.  One heading was “Same” and the other was “Different.”  We wrote down things that were the same and things that were different.  This movie combines the three books, so it was a great way to compare/contrast.

We were given time to work on Poetry Ringo, as well.

We revisited antonyms and did a practice page over these.

I have a family thing tomorrow, so I am unable to be here.  I have let the children know, so that they didn’t think I was in the hospital again.

I also had to break the news that we would not be able to take our field trip.  Due to the walkout, time got away.  There isn’t time to finish the curriculum, request a bus, and fill out everything and have it okayed before the end of year.  (Especially, with all of the activities this month.)  I will be getting in touch with you if your child is receiving an award at the assembly on May 21.  But I have promised them a special day in the classroom.  More on that later.